We love when schools host Raising Happiness Class discussion groups!
Happiness and well-being spreads rapidly within groups, and so one powerful way to raise happiness in children is to raise it in the school communities where they live.
Happiness is a huge advantage in school: It primes our brains to be ready to learn, and ready to perform. In fact, happiness leads to success not just in the classroom, but also in friendships and careers. Happiness also increases health, productivity, creativity, and community involvement.
What is a school-hosted group?
- Schools host one or more Raising Happiness discussions, preferably on their campus.
- We provide discussion guides, if you’d like, and free tuition to the leader.
- The group is open to anyone in the school community, and as such is promoted in school newsletters, etc.
When 12 or more people join a school-hosted group, here are the benefits:
(1)Teachers and administrators take the Raising Happiness Class for FREE. (They may choose to hold their own discussion group.)
(2) 10% of each person’s tuition is donated back to the school or district. (Fill out this form to let us know who is in your group so we can make the donation.)
(3) The discussion leader receives FREE tuition.
We’ll provide you with everything you need. It’s easy!
Here is the blurb we give people for newsletters, in the event that helps:
Find joy in your parenting–even if you are super busy. Sign up for a Raising Happiness parenting class (www.raisinghappiness.com) and earn money for [your school]! Taught by Christine Carter, Ph.D, this class will give you practical skills for raising kids who are happy now and in the future. You’ll also become happier yourself! 10% of tuition is donated back to our school.
The Spring Classes begin the week of April 2nd. Most are 10-weeks long, with short videos (watch after the kids are in bed!) and fun weekly practices updated each Monday.
Christine Carter, Ph.D., is a happiness expert best known for her science-based parenting advice. A sociologist at UC Berkeley’s Greater Good Science Center, Carter is the author of Raising Happiness: 10 Simple Steps for More Joyful Kids and Happier Parents.