raise happy kids + love your life
We’ve re-launched the Raising Happiness online classes!
The full 32-week class–formerly known as “The Big Kahuna”–is now a Homestudy course that you can start at any time.
This new Raising Happiness Homestudy is designed for self-starters who:
- Want to give their kids every advantage, including the skills they need for school success.
- Are BUSY. Homestudy is great for dramatically improving parenting skills–and making parenting more joyful!–in a lot less time than attending a live class.
- Worry about the many stressors and threats to happiness that kids now face and want to teach kids the skills they need for emotional intelligence and resilience.
- Are interested in practicing one small happiness skill per week to feel happier and raise happier children immediately.
This is what you get when you enroll in the Raising Happiness Homestudy program:
- 32 training videos and access to an online classroom where you can watch any video, anytime.
- A copy of Raising Happiness.
- Huge discounts on live coaching groups.
- Three bonus trainings that address “ages and stages”: how to raise happiness if you’ve just had a baby, have a teen in the house, or if you are a grandparent.
- Online access to Dr. Christine Carter: post a question online and she’ll respond within 48 hours.
- A FREE 1-year membership to UC Berkeley’s Greater Good Science Center.
- Access to a private Facebook group–a 24/7 community of like-minded parents.
Value: more than $2,000. Actual cost: $499.
These are the top 7 objections most people have to starting this Homestudy:
- They don’t have enough time to take a class
- They’re too stressed out or overwhelmed to take on something new
- They’re already happy, and their kids are, too
- They don’t really understand how an online class works
- They’ve already read Raising Happiness
- It’s a large financial investment — what if they sign up and it doesn’t work?
- Their children’s other parent isn’t interested, and wouldn’t participate.
Here’s how I address these concerns:
- You can complete this course in less than an hour a week. Set aside 20 minutes a week of study (watch one training video) + a half hour a week of practice (one action that takes less than 5 minutes, six days a week). If that is still too much time for you, download the videos and listen to them while you commute, exercise, or do the dishes.
- This class is designed to reduce feelings of stress and overwhelm common to a lot of parents–right away. If adding the class to your life doesn’t help you feel more calm and in control, get your money back.
- Raising Happiness is about being happier–no matter where you start. It’s about building a foundation of skills and beliefs that will serve us, and our children, throughout our lives.
- Online classes are simple and timesaving. Watch this video to see how the Raising Happiness Homestudy works.
- If you’ve already read Raising Happiness, the Homestudy course is the next logical step. It covers more than twice the amount of information than the book, and its focus is on simple, fun practices to help you implement what you learned in both the book and the class.
- There’s no financial risk: Explore the Homestudy course for a full month, and if you’ve done the weekly practices and do not feel you are getting anything valuable out of them, we’ll happily refund your money. Why? Because we’re confident that if you practice what you learn in the Raising Happiness Homestudy, you and your family will be dramatically happier.
- The Raising Happiness Homestudy is your personal journey. In it, you will learn the skills you need to be happy. You’ll also take your parenting skills up a notch or two, making childhood happier for your kids.
I’m ready to raise happiness!
It is really easy to enroll! Don’t hesitate to contact us — firstname.lastname@example.org — if you need help.
Once you enroll, you’ll get a confirmation email with a username and password so that you can login to the classroom, and a call from our class administrator in case you have any questions about getting started. On the first Monday after you’ve signed up, you’ll get your first reminder email.
“Words cannot convey how grateful I am to have discovered Dr. Carter. Her book and online classes have changed my life in so many meaningful and positive ways. Each class captivates me with interesting science based, practical tips. I have applied many at home and my family and I are so much happier and healthier because of it!”
– Melanie, mother of two girls ages 9 and 7, Santa Monica, CA
The Raising Happiness Home Study is perfect for you if…
- You appreciate Christine Carter’s science-based parenting advice and personal approach.
- You’re committed first and foremost to your own happiness.
- You’re ready and willing to do what it takes to be an extraordinary parent, and to find joy in the process.
The Raising Happiness Home Study is NOT for you if…
- You’re not willing to commit an hour a week to study and practice.
- You’re not willing to make changes to your daily routines, or to cut out activities other people think you should be doing.
- Investing in this program would be a financial burden for you and your family. If this is the case for you, consider being a Spreading Happiness Ambassador or signing up through the Pay What You Can Plan.